Living the Christian life can be very difficult. Everyone at some point needs a helping hand in dealing with sin, conflict, sorrow, or some other trial; someone to encourage us with scripture, build us up in the faith, and show us how to face the world using the Word of God. At Grace Bible Church we have counselors who are trained to help you apply the Word of God to any situation you are facing.
What is Biblical Counseling?
Biblical counseling is intense one on one discipleship. In the New Testament, Paul tells the Colossian believers, "we proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man... so that we may present every man complete in Christ." (Col 1:28) To "admonish" means giving practical instructions on how to live according to Scripture, with the goal of presenting them "complete in Christ." Biblical Counseling is intense one on one discipleship where a mature believer comes alongside you and teaches, encourages, exhorts, and when necessary lovingly corrects you, so that you may stand before Christ complete.
Why do people get biblical counseling?
Biblical counseling can help you with a wide range of issues. People come to counseling for pre-marital counseling, marriage counseling, learning to make biblical decisions, overcoming persistent sins, depression, and numerous other reasons. Biblical counseling is for any Christian who desires to grow in their personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ.
What does it cost?
Biblical counseling is part of the teaching ministry of Grace Bible Church of Boerne. Just like our Sunday morning teaching and preaching, our biblical counseling is offered at no cost to you.
Are your counselors trained?
Yes. All of our counselors must complete a thorough and rigorous training program through the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC).
Are your counselors psychologists, licensed counselors, or doctors?
No. Biblical Counseling is very different from the secular model of counseling. We do not use any form of psychology. Our counselors do not provide medical advice.
- We believe that God calls us to live holy and devout lives (1 Peter 1:15-16).
- We believe the Bible is the inerrant and sufficient word of God. In Scripture, God gives us everything that is necessary for holiness and godliness. (2 Peter 1:3, 19-21; 2 Tim 3:16)
- We believe that since Scriptures are sufficient, it is unnecessary and unbiblical to incorporate pyschology or pyschological methods into Biblical Counseling.
- We believe that psychology is based upon unbiblical presuppositions that invalidate the clear teaching of Scriptures regarding the nature of man, sin, and the necessity of Jesus Christ for salvation.
- We believe the proper application of Scriptures to a believer's life will produce Christ-honoring change (2 Tim 3:16-17).
- We believe the Word of God is to be given to those in need without charge.
How to Start Counseling
Starting counseling is easy! To request counseling simply follow the link below to setup an account on Biblicare.net. Please complete the two forms requested. We will then contact you regarding your first counseling session.